Things To Do Before You Leave Your Home For Hajj Umrah
According to Islam you must clear all your liabilities and also pay off all your dues before the sacred journey.
- Plan to do hajj and Umrah with the intention of obeying command of ALLAH Almighty while avoiding riya
- Pray 2 rakats nafil salah and seek help from ALLAH Almighty and also pray for a safe and secure sacred trip. Ask ALLAH Almighty for His assist and protection from the all kind of harm of evil. At the departure gate, take taqwa with you and also leave behind your heartfelt dua's (supplication) for your family so that they may remain in protection ALLAH Almighty
- Check all your journey documents (passport, airline tickets and all relevant coupons, confirm with airline yourself)
- Make extra copies of your documents passport, visa, tickets and the traveller's cheques. Take one copy with you and place it in a separate place along with a couple of identification photos. Leave an extra copy of documents at home.
- Take only one good luggage bag or suitcase
- Make a personalized identification tags or marks that you can mark from a distance
- Your carry on bag must contain survival items for 2 to 3 days, only in case your main bag or luggage gets lost
- When loading and unloading to and from bus or taxi, be sure to check your baggage. Make sure that what you luggage belongs to you
- If you break away from the group, you are on your own, do not put the blame on your trip operator for leaving you behind
- Get to know your journey companies and your tour leader before hand, in order to understand the timetable and one anthers expectations
- Learn Arabic language at least some important words and phrases will be helpful. Most of the locals understand some English and other eastern languages as well
- Traveller's cheques are not recommended as they tough to cash since you won't be carrying your passport, which will be taken from you only before boarding in Jeddah or at madina airport. You will receive your passport upon your return at Jeddah airport for the flight back to your home country
- must be obtained at the airport before returning back to home or any unused tour coupons attached to your passport
Special Note: In case your trip operator has arranged for private buses for transportation during the whole trip, you must be refunded for all your transport vouchers attached in your passport before you leave from Jeddah Airport. Ask your tour organizer about it. Nobody can cash it for any cause or pretence except you.